You are not connected to the Oklahoma Department of Libraries network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. Log in for remote access
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Genre/Form:||Detective and mystery fiction
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||414 pages ; 24 cm|
On a bright and crisp September morning, while walking a bucolic woodland trail, Rina Decker stumbles upon human remains once buried deep beneath the forest grounds. Immediately, she calls her husband, Peter, a former detective lieutenant with LAPD, now working for the local Greenbury Police. Within hours, a vista of beauty and tranquility is transformed into a frenetic crime scene. The body has been interred for years and there is scant physical evidence at the gravesite: a youthful skeleton, a skull wound and long dark strands of hair surrounding the bony frame. As Decker and his partner, Tyler McAdams, further investigate, they realize that they're most likely dealing with a missing student from the nearby Five Colleges of Upstate - a well-known and well-respected consortium of higher learning where Rina works. And when more human remains are found in the same area, Decker and McAdams know this isn't just a one-off murder case. Short-staffed and with no convenient entry into the colleges, Decker enlists Rina's help to act as the eyes and ears of campus gossip. Winding their way through a dangerous labyrinth of steely suspects and untouchable academics, Decker, McAdams, and Rina race to protect their community from a psychopathic killer still in the area - and on the hunt for a fresh victim.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Decker, Peter (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Lazarus, Rina (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Police -- New York (State) -- Fiction.
- Police spouses -- Fiction.
- Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction.
- New York (State) -- Fiction.
- Decker, Peter (Fictitious character)
- Lazarus, Rina (Fictitious character)
- Murder -- Investigation.
- Police spouses.
- New York (State)
- Decker, Peter (Fictional character) -- Fiction.
- Lazarus, Rina (Fictional character) -- Fiction.
- Homicide -- Fiction.
- Criminal investigation -- Fiction.
User lists with this item (5)
- McNaughton 2017(64 items)
by altamahatechlibrary updated about 17 hours ago
- New Release Fiction(385 items)
by ShellharbourCityLibraries updated about 5 days ago
- New Fiction - Oklahoma Department of Libraries(90 items)
by okdeptlibraries updated about 2 weeks ago
- Most popular items for March 2017(500 items)
by drewwilson updated about a month ago
- Most popular items for February 2017(500 items)
by drewwilson updated 2017-03-02